top of page
DUE TO COVID-19 WE ARE NOT HOLDING PUBLIC ADOPTION EVENTS AT THIS TIME. PLEASE READ OUR ADOPTION GUIDELINES, CONTACT US FOR PRE-SCREENING AND SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO MEET ONE OF OUR ADORABLE PUPS!
- Read and provide the information requested on this attachment when emailing or leaving a message about a particular dog we have.
- Adoptions are held every Saturday at Pet Food Express in Antioch from 10am-1pm. Occasionally private appointments can be made. ALL OF OUR DOGS ARE IN PRIVATE FOSTER HOMES - WE DO NOT HAVE A FACILITY FOR YOU TO "VISIT". Most of our dogs attend the Saturday Adoption event.
- Review our "Adoption Guidelines" page before coming on Saturday and bring or provide ahead of time all via email all of the requested information - lease agreement if you rent, detailed photos or video of your yard fencing, all members of the household, including other dogs, etc.
- We get most of our dogs from the local shelter, so until we've had them in a private foster home for awhile, we don't know how they are with kids, cats, birds, potty trained, history, pedigree, etc.
- Adoption fee is $300 ($350 for pups under 6 months) and covers the cost of having the dog current on all shots, micro-chipped and spayed or neutered.
Need to Surrender a Dog?
- We are a non-profit, foster-based rescue. We do not have a facility. We are not equipped to take in owner surrenders or strays off the street. We fill our foster homes with dogs pulled from the shelter who are either having issues in that environment, need medical care, or are at risk of being euthanized. WE DO NOT HAVE THE RESOURCES TO TAKE YOUR ANIMAL.
Other Types of Animals
- We are a DOG rescue. We do not have a cat program. We can't come pick up a deceased animal or retrieve a rooster from your tree. We don't come and trap animals. If you have needs for other types of animals, please view our "Partners & Helpful Links" page for some additional resources that may be able to help.
Found a Stray?
- You MUST report or take the animal to your local shelter. If you live in Antioch, you would contact Antioch Animal Services 925-779-6989. If you live anywhere else in Contra Costa County, you would contact the county animals services department in Martinez - 925-335-8320 or Pinole 510-374-3966 (closed Sunday & Monday.
- If you decide to hold onto the animal instead of taking it to the shelter, you are required by law to do everything possible to find the owner for a minimum of 30 days. This includes going to the shelters (Antioch & Martinez) and filing a Found Animal report, including pictures.
- Take the animal to a local vet and asked that it be scanned for a microchip.
- Post on social media sites. Contact Fido Alert via FaceBook.
- Go door-knocking in the area in which you found the animal. Ask if anyone recognizes - they may know the owner.
- Have posters made - large and colorful - 11"x17" is best. Attach to wooden stakes and tape the stake posts and poles in the area.
- Always assume the owner is looking for and missing their animal. Do everything possible to try to help reunite the family.
Interested in Fostering?
- Please view our "Rewards of Fostering" page for more information and retrieve the foster application.
bottom of page